Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Nightmare on Gum Street.....TEETHING!

So, my beloved daughter is teething...need I say more? Teething is a part of motherhood that everyone talks about, but you can never really understand. Is she teething or not? Is she going to get a tooth this week or in three months? It seems she has been teething forever. Poor thing...she is just miserable.

I am by nature a fixer...For instance, I cannot stay mad at my husband. Sometimes I wish I could, but I like to talk it out for hours until it is fixed...which Ben hates! Unfortaunately teething is something I cannot fix. Not only can I not fix it....I can't even sweep it under the rug, which, lets be honest- is what we do when we can't fix something!

Evelyn is such a good-natured baby...but we all know how it feels when we don't feel good. And at least we have the capability to know what is wrong with us! She has no idea why she is in pain, and I feel like she is constantly looking at me and thinking..."Hey! You are my provider and protector...why won't you make me feel better?" Trust me baby- I wish I could. As always...this too shall pass, I just wish I had a timeline!

So, for now, I have a baby with swollen gums, questioning eyes and an occasional smile that makes it all worth it.

No comments: