Monday, August 18, 2008

multiple choice kind of life...

My husband and I have been trying to make some decisions about our future. Ben is currently an associate pastor, but his ultimate desire is to Senior Pastor. We started the process of getting a Senior Pastorate, and not long after some amazing things began happening at our church. Now, we feel like we don't want to leave, but also know that we need to do what is best for our family. Ultimately, it is about what God's will for our lives is...but how do you really know that for sure?

My dad, is a big fan of putting out a fleece to God, just as Gideon did. Well, I have put out my share of fleece's, sometimes God blows me away with his faithfulness to answer, other times I am left confused. Why do our lives have to be multiple choice? I'd much rather just have a yes or no life. I guess they wouldn't be as colorful, but sometimes the waiting is just so frustrating... So, for now, we are in the waiting...

"I am in the waiting,
That moment of my life
Where my faith and hope collide.
While my hearts anticipating,
How and when you'll move
Lord, that's when you prove
You're in the waiting too..."

Thank you Lord for being faithful through the wait, through the storm, through it all!

Prayerfully Waiting,
Emily

2 comments:

Mr. Sparky said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Mrs. said...

The waiting is the hardest. But I guess that is what faith is all about. If it happened immediately with a big sign pointing one way, we wouldn't need much faith.

..but it doesn't make it any easier, does it??? :)