Monday, November 17, 2008

Snowy Days...

This weekend was a little crazy. We ended up in the emergency room with Evelyn, she had a fever of 103.5! The doctor thinks it is just a virus, so we are doing the tylenol/motrin thing. She was up a lot through the night last night, but has been better today.
What a beautiful day it was! It snowed just enough to completely cover the ground, it was a winter wonderland! The snow inspired me, so I turned on Christmas music this afternoon, pulled out my magazines and cut out the Christmas recipes and crafts I wanted from them. I also did a little online window shopping :)

Then, I got some snow from our front porch and let Evelyn play with it :) She had a lot of fun!




After that, my mom came over to visit and after she left I started working on dinner. While I was getting dinner ready, I put Evelyn in her high chair with some cheerios and juice...and after a while I noticed that she was being very quiet...this is how I found her
then her cup fell over and...



I had a good day, and I am really looking forward to my personal challenge this week. I am calling it:

"It's Not About Me" Week

Our sermon yesterday was about fasting, and it got me thinking about surrendering my life to God. I am going to be fasting some (I'm still nursing), but I am fasting in other ways too. Just overall giving up my 'me' time to spend in prayer. It is also a reminder for me to do things for others. I will update you about how I am accomplishing this each day...

Also, these are some choclate pumpkin cakes I made this weekend...I <3>


Enjoy You Day!
Emily

4 comments:

The Mrs. said...

send some snow down our way! and while you're at it send some of those chocolate pumpkin cakes!

Beth said...

Awww...I hope your little peanut is feeling much better. Her little sleepy pictures are so sweet.
I love your challenge too, it would certainly do me well to try something very similar.

Sarah said...

I can't wait til Thanksgiving.

Challen said...

Wow, I have never seen this before.