Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Making My Home A Haven :)

I recently found this blog through my friend Jenna > homespunheart.blogspot.com

It is a great blog! I have so enjoyed reading it, and this week decided to jump on board with what she is doing! It is all about making your home a haven through cleaning and organizing. Some areas of my home are in desperate need of this! I really struggle with this sometimes. Don't get me wrong, I keep my house clean, but really just on the surface, the cupboards, drawers and closets could use some help!

It is a strong desire of mine to have a clean, cozy, inviting home. I want people to stop by anytime and my house be welcoming to them. It is also important to me that Ben feels like he is coming home each day to a place where he can relax and not feel stressed by a mountain of dishes or piles of laundry. I try my hardest to obtain this, but there are days when I let things go, and before I know it, I have a whole day of catching up to do!

Monica, the author of the blog, has really inspired me to start my day the right way, waking up with the Lord. Spending my time with Him before Evelyn wakes up and the day gets started. This is a challenge, because as you new moms know, we value our sleep! This morning, I awoke at seven and Evelyn was still asleep (she is fighting a cold and was up about 4 times through the night, ultimately ending up in bed with me), and instead of doing what I know I should have, I turned over and slept for another hour. I was so mad at myself once I got up, because then it was too late, Evelyn was up, and the busyness of the day had set in. I still had some devotion time, but it was short and interrupted often.

So tomorrow, my goal is to wake up at 7:00 for my Jesus time, and to get an early start on the day! Today, here is my to-do list:

- unload, reload & run dishwasher
- finish 2 loads of laundry
- sweep, mop, wipe counters, dust
- straighten up Evelyn's room & put clothes away
- start on my closet (the abyss)
- disenfect toys

Well, there's my ramblings for today...enjoy your day :)

<3
Emily

4 comments:

Unknown said...

oops! the blog is >

thehomespunheart.blogspot.com

Monica Wilkinson said...

Welcome to the challenge! Your list for today looks great - hope you are enjoying a blessed day!

Beth said...

Hi there! I'm new to Monica's blog too, but it's definately giving me a new focus these past few days. I had to laugh at your "abyss" remark about your closet - I can completely relate! I hope your day has been wonderful!

Sarah said...

Isn't it crazy how busy things get... Give your Jesus time a good solid week and then you realize how much it really effects your day. LIKE CRAZY.