Thursday, November 13, 2008

Making my Heart-Home A Haven

I must admit that today did not start how I imagined. My plan for getting up at 7:00 for devotions, was deterred by the fact that I was up at 5:50 with my "not going back to sleep" dear daughter. She did eventually go back to sleep and I was able to have my devotional time, but it just wasn't my plan...funny how we can get so stuck on our plan.

I have been thinking a lot today. With this whole idea of making my home a haven, I began thinking about making my "heart home" a haven as well. I thought about all of the things I am storing in my heart that are not necessary. All of the clutter and even messes that are taking up space in my heart home. What if I did a clean sweep of my heart, and allowed Jesus to make a heart a home...a haven? I find myself allowing so many bad attitudes and frustrations, old hurts and even some new wounds to take up residence in my heart. I can just imagine Jesus trying to see the desires of my heart through the piles of anger and dissapointments.

Heavenly Homemaker,
Make my heart your home today.
I am a work in progress, but today
begins my heart-home remodeling!
Give me the strength to dispose of
what I need. Give me Your eyes to see.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am in charge of the Christmas Program at my church. This year, we are doing a program that I wrote called "A Snapshot of Christmas". It is about a "perfect" family Christmas photo, and how maybe the family is not so perfect after all. What would life be like through anothers eyes? They will find out and because of the manger they will all see what Christmas is really about. I am very excited, but I always stress myself out with these programs by the end. This year, I have decided that I am not going to let that happen! I am going to delegate better and remind myself that I am only one person and can only do so much! I spent the evening yesterday at the church working on the music for the program, and I finally feel like it has all come together.
Well, as for today, my list is short because I am heading to my mom's this afternoon:
* 2 loads od laundry
* Master Bathroom
* Guest Bathroom
* Work on Evelyn's baby book (much needed!)
Enjoy your day :)
Emily

1 comment:

Sarah said...

This is very true in every degree in my life. I easily get mad at myself when I don't measure up to my own standards (like waking up and doing devotionals before the kiddies wake up)- its a good reminder to just let jesus deal with it. lol