Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Faithful...

Thank you Lord for being Faithful to me. Even when I don't see it, I know that you are faithful in it all. I have been thinking of a song I wrote about two years ago. I had a friend go through a difficult time, and during it she said "Through it all, I want God to find me Faithful". So a few years later, I was thinking about that, and this song just came...

Faithful
He promised that He would never leave
She knew the truth, but still refused to believe
She cried at the door as he pulled down the drive
She looked at her children and she willed to survive
She planted her feet and she stood up tall
She cried, God of Joseph, through the fall...

You will call me Faithful, OhOhOh
Faithful One, yeah yeah
You will call me Faithful, OhOhOh
Faithful One, yeah yeah
I will not bend, I will not break, I will not leave
I will not waver, will not run, I will be free, faithfully...Faithful

He felt like the walls was closing in on him
He'd run so much, there was no place to begin
The doors kept on shutting and confirming his lot
How could he provide and be the man that he ought?
He wondered how much longer he could stand
He cried, God of Job, I need a helping hand...


Chorus

She felt like her life was falling apart
A barren womb and an empty heart
The doctor said that he'd done all he could do
She's lost so much and all she wants now is you
She fell to her knees before your Holy throne
And cried, God of Sarah, make my heart a home


Chorus

that's all I wanted to share...

<3
Emily

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I freaking love that song!

The Mrs. said...

beautiful song!! have you recorded it? I want to hear it!